Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Why I'm Never Buying Kool-Aid Again!

I'm fairly picky about what type of food my children eat. I like them to have healthy options that include 100% juice but, as it sometimes happens, I ran out of juice. While the kids were clamoring for juice, I happened to find a canister of Kool-aid in the cupboard. I have no idea who bought it but, thinking it might be a nice treat for the kiddos, I whipped up a gallon of the red stuff. This was my first mistake.

I gave numerous warnings that the Kool-aid must be kept in the kitchen. Of course that instruction was promptly forgotten by A and I now have a large red stain on my family room carpet. Great....

The day progressed after that with relatively no Kool-aid mishaps, red mustaches not included. Then it was time for dinner. It was leftover night, so S and I walked over to the fridge to get everything out. As I was taking a pan out, I knocked over the entire gallon of Kool-aid. That is right, the entire gallon of bright red fruit punch Kool-aid landed on my floor and all over mine and S's jeans. The first thing I did was take off our jeans and throw them into the wash. Then I proceeded to attempt to clean up the mess. Picture this me on my hands and knees, in my underwear, trying to clean up a giant red puddle and stop a one year old from splashing in it all at the same time. This, of course, was the exact moment my girls decided to walk in with two of the neighbors. The girls looked at me strangely for a minute until finally A in all of her three year old wisdom pointed at me and said, "Mommy, we can see your undies!"

Lessons of the day:
1. If you are cleaning up Kool-aid do it with pants on.
2. If lesson one fails, try not to expose your underwear to neighborhood children.
3. Never have Kool-aid in your house again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope they were full back undies!!Yikes.....I can just picture A, hand on hip, pointing out the painfully obvious situation. Love it! Laughing out loud...

Zilla said...

too funny...

Anonymous said...

too funny........

Jessica-MomForHim said...

You are hilarious!! You made me laugh out loud...thanks for sharing your moments with us. Hopefully we're laughing with you and not at you....or maybe you can join in soon! Looking forward to catching up on your blog!