Monday, September 22, 2008

Humble Pie for One

I'm generally not a vain person, but today as I was getting ready I thought I looked pretty good. I had on a cute shirt and some earrings, all in all, I was almost dressed up for the day. I have a small zit on my forehead, but I didn't think it was that big of a deal until A opened up her mouth.

We were sitting down having a nice dinner when A looked at me strangely.
As she was staring at my forehead she said, "Mama, what is that on your head?"
Completely oblivious I said, "What are you talking about?"
"That big red thing on your head!" At this point I looked over at R, who, of course, was laughing. (Honestly I would have been laughing too if the situations had been reversed.)
Slowly, I realized what she was talking about, but I was so surprised I didn't know what to say. R ended up telling her it was just an owie.
"Oh," said A. "That's a pretty bad owie, you better get a band-aid on it!"

Children, putting me in my place since 2003.

2 comments:

Jessica-MomForHim said...

Yup, been there!!!

Anonymous said...

I think A is probably the funniest 3 year old I know...keep it up A!