Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Falling in Love Again

This week has been a long, slightly difficult one. With R being out of town my duties have doubled, there hasn't been a lot of rest, and everyone is slightly out of sorts. In my attempt to just make it through the day I realize I have been focused more on surviving then loving my children. I haven't been taking time to enjoy and appreciate them for who they are, not the amount of work they are. I think in all relationships sometimes you need to take stock and remember just why you love the other person. So here it is, my top ten list David Letterman style.

The Top Ten Reasons Why I love My Kids

10. They appreciate, and make me remember, all the little things in the world.
9. J is the most tender and sensitive soul I know.
8. S smiles with his entire body
7. A can make me laugh with a single look.
6. They sing, very loudly, the wrong words to songs.
5. Their idea of a great way to wake up is cuddling in bed.
4. Their deep belly laughs.
3. Dancing like a crazy person is their favorite form of exercise.
2. Their innocence.
1. They are a gift God gave to R and I, they are made up of the best parts of both of us.

1 comment:

Zilla said...

So, I know you have made your top 10 list already, but I just wanted to let you know that we all have many reasons to love your kids. Here are a few of my favorites:

1. The way J talks to me on the phone. I love her stories and how I need to pause for about 3 seconds before she will tell me one. It makes me consciously slow down, which is always a good thing.

She reminds me so much of myself that it is kind of scary!

2. The way A is fascinated by M, how when anything momentous in her life happens she needs to tell him, but how he is kind of "scary" in person. Then after a few hours, it is "M watch this and M watch that"

Your kids are so good for M.

3. S's smile. How even though he doesn't know me and M that well, he always is caught up in the excitement of our visits and gives us that giant smile from across the room.

I have many many more, but let's just say, your kids hold a special place in my heart and M and I would do anything for them.