Monday, September 14, 2009

Four Year Old Logic

My four year old, A, is a very special girl with a logic all of her own. The other day she had some issues with her dad over the correct way to ask for breakfast. (in our house a please and thank you must be involved or the request doesn't get to far) I believe there were also some dirty looks involved on A's part when her first demand wasn't met. The dirty looks in turn did not fly with R. In the midst of all of this hubbub I decided to make an escape up to the shower.

Mid shower I hear a voice, "Mom! Mom! Where are you?" Hmmm, let me think about that, you are standing in the room, looking into the bathroom, and the shower is running. This is a tough one....

Once A discovered my secret hiding spot she went into a looooong story about how she didn't understand why Dad was mad at her for her sassy look. She didn't mean give him a sassy look at all and if by chance she "accidentally" looked at him with sass it was just because she was remembering the scary dream she had last night. Apparently R and I need to remember that all of A's naughty looks are caused by scary dreams.

After this very long excuse, I was about ready to get out of the shower and told A to go brush teeth. I could hear her exasperated sigh at my mere suggestion of teeth brushing. "Mooom, I can't brush my teeth, I'm still hungry! Can you get me some more breakfast?!"

Yes after finishing her first bowl of cereal, she had walked all the way upstairs to ask me, while I was in the shower, to get her some more breakfast. I believe there was a perfectly capable father in the kitchen, but asking him was just not logical. Especially if you are a four year old with your own brand of logic and a penchant for sassy looks.

No comments: