Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Momdar

I believe that when my children were born they came equipped with their own radar system. This "momdar" beeps when ever I am doing something that could be considered "on my own time". Think going to the bathroom, trying to make dinner, taking a bath, etc. When J, A, or S hear this beep they automatically need me that very instant. What ever my task may be it immediately pales in comparison to the intensity of what ever they happen to want at that very moment.

Lately my children's momdar has been beeping the minute I put my head on my pillow, snuggle down into my bed and give a sigh of comfort and relief that the day is done. Right after my sigh, there is inevitably a cry of "Mooooom!" (Of course there is never a cry of Daaad). No matter what time of night the momdar inevitably beeps. Don't get me wrong I love my children. I don't mind taking care of their need even if it is at two in the morning, can you feel the sarcasm in my typing?

Occiasionally I would just like the momdar to break or at least turn into some sort of daddar. There are times when I just want to scream, "Seriously people! If you want a happy mom in the morning you need to let me get some sleep! I'm a much more fun mom when I'm not sleep deprived!" Obviously I don't scream, I just suck it up and go to which ever child needs me. Or, my husbanddar starts beeping and I roll over give R a gentle push and say, "Your child needs you."

1 comment:

Jessica-MomForHim said...

HA! This is so true! When I'm on the phone is another one...the list is neverending!