Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Banana Bread

I made a loaf of this wonderful bread less than twenty four hours ago and it is now gone. According to my family this is the "best banana bread EVER!" Try it and let me know.

Banana Bread

2 bananas mashed (over ripe works best)
2 eggs
1 3/4 c flour
1 1/2 c sugar
1/2 c oil
1/3 c buttermilk (if you don't have any buttermilk use 1/3 c milk with a splash of vinegar)
1t baking soda
1t vanilla
1 scant teaspoon of salt

Preheat oven to 325 degree. Mix all the ingredients together until smooth. Pour into an oiled loaf pan and bake for 80 min. or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean. I find it only take 70 min. in my oven and the bread is better slightly under done then over done. Enjoy!

I have to give a shout-out to my mom because it is her recipe. She would definitely put Martha Stewart to shame in the baking department!

1 comment:

Ambervanness5 said...

Laura, this does sound really good! I am going to try it as soon as my bananas get brown :) Oh and about the bath- that is a fantastic idea to bring in a glass (or bottle) of wine. I can't believe I didn't think of that!