Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm Smart and I Know It!

As I have eluded to in past posts, my daughter A has attitude to spare. Her inner sassiness came out this weekend, here is how it all went down:

We were driving to our friends house, bear in mind that we probably drive to their at least house once a week. No one in the car was worried about R knowing how to get to our destination, or so I thought....

We were just pulling onto the highway when from the back comes, "Good job Dad, you're goin' the right way. " I looked back and A said with assurance in her voice, "I know where we're goin' and how to get there." Okay.... R and I just took this in stride and didn't really think anything of it.

We get to our exit. Again a little voice pipes up from the back, "Daaad...You're supposed to turn here!"

At this point R says, "Thanks A, what would I do without you." The sarcasm is complete lost on A who answers, "I don't know!"

Finally we turn on to our friend's street, low and behold there is another comment from the back, "Good job Dad! You got us here!"

In a very dry sarcastic voice R says, "I'm so glad you were in the back to show me the way, good thing you are so smart..."

A returns with, "I know I'm smart, I know the directions!"

A, my sassy little backstreet driver at age 3...

No comments: