Thursday, November 13, 2008

Big Boy Bed

As I type this my little baby is upstairs asleep in his big boy bed. I know that this might not seem like a big deal but he is only 18 months and my last child. It makes me so sad to think that he is growing up.

Just recently S has seemed to be taking giant leaps into big boydom. He has started running, is great at communicating his needs and wants, and has in general just started looking like a kid instead of a baby. The big boy bed just seems like the last straw. The logical part of me knows he has to change and develop but the sentimental part of me just wants to keep him a little baby forever. As much as I try to remember what it was like to hold him as a new born, I really can't. Most likely will never hold a newborn child of mine again.

I guess I'm just throwing a pity party for one. I'm not the mom of a baby any more, I'm a mom of two girls and a toddler. My kids are well on their way to becoming people and I just need to catch up.

1 comment:

Ambervanness5 said...

Laura, I'll join your pity party! I am not there yet but each time my children do new things and grow up I get really sad!!! I'm going to have to check myself into an institution when my last child leaves for college. I just try to remember that this is how it's suppose to be. The point of mothering is to raise little people to become adults. And you're doing a great job!