Friday, October 24, 2008

Manning Up Baking

The weather today, cold and rainy, has inspired me to bake. For some reason weather like this just makes me want to nest, don't worry I'm not pregnant!

In my house baking is definitely not a solitary job. I have little hands who always want to help and, of course, taste. Interestingly enough the girls really like to bake but S absolutely loves it. From the minute I pull out my mixer he has to be right beside me with a measuring cup or spoon. He loves to dump ingredients in and generally make a big mess. I'm hoping his interest will continue and he can support his dad and I in our later years as a famous chef, think Tyler Florence.

As S and I were elbow deep in flour, R happened to call. As I often do when I bake, I had put on some music. Today's selection was the soundtrack to Mama Mia. R heard the show tunes in the background and said to me,"Honey, I think it's great S is baking, but can't you just man up the music a little, at least play something a dude would like?" I started laughing but, in an effort to "man up" the situation, I did change the music to Pearl Jam. Since it is R's favorite band I think he will approve.

S baking and rocking out to Pearl Jam Live, East Troy.











Coincidentally R and I were at this concert. The music was better in person, but still very manly from a CD.