Monday, April 20, 2009

Baseball Games and Easter Eggs

Our family has been very busy lately. For some reason it seems as if spring hits and everyone comes out of hibernation and plans different play dates and birthday parties, add on top of that Easter and spring break and you've got yourself a full schedule.

To celebrate spring we decided to go to opening day for the local minor league team, the Timber Rattlers. (Their nickname is the T-rats, but I have an aversion to calling them that. I don't know why, some things are better left unexplained.)Another big draw to this game was the bobble head giveaway. For some reason my husband and children couldn't resist a bobble head of Fang, the Timber Rattler's mascot, and Bernie Brewer together. Again, this is something I can't explain. We had a great time except for the cold. It was about thirty degrees out, people here are so crazy for spring to come that they take their little kids to ball games in freezing weather!







Here is J trying to use her dad to stay warm and Fang stretching before the game. I know you all are jealous that your minor league team doesn't have a giant rattle snake as their mascot.

After baseball we went straight into Easter. This year I made two very smart decisions when it came to egg dying. First I did it with the girls while S was napping. Brilliant! No dye was spilled, no eggs were broken, it was a very peaceful and enjoyable egg dying afternoon. Now I realize that later he might feel slighted because he missed out, but I will gladly pay for that five minutes in therapy!

My second smart decision was that I didn't buy a egg dying kit. I completely stumbled into this one folks, I was just being cheap and didn't want to spend the two dollars. Instead of the traditional Paas the girls and I used food coloring. The girls thought this was great. They chose their own colors and counted out the drops of coloring needed for each recipe, as a side note there is not a lot of distinction between watermelon and fuchsia. J and A declared this the best egg dying time ever. High praise from a six and three year old.

A and J working on their masterpieces.

The finished product. Who knew the being cheap could end up so cute?

No comments: