Thursday, February 5, 2009

Double Meanings

One of the things I laugh the hardest at is when my kids don't understand the double meaning of phrases. I know it might be mean to laugh, but seriously it is funny.

Here was a conversation at our house last night:

J had somehow gotten it into her head that I was overworked and needed help (Bless her little heart for noticing!) and said all of these statements in a matter of five minutes.
"Mom, you are the best mom in the world. I'm going to help you do the dishes."
"You made a great dinner, I'm going to help clean up."
"I love you so much, you're such a great mom, I'm going to help you."
"Mom, you deserve to sit down and watch a mom-show. (what we call any show that isn't a cartoon or has the a target audience of five and under) Just sit down and put your feet up!"
"Doing the dishes is fun, I love helping you because you are so great!"

Believe me I was lapping up all of this impromptu adoration! R on the other hand thought it was all a little over the top and while rubbing his nose jokingly said, "J, you've got a little something brown on your nose."
J looked at him, soapy scrub brush in hand, the picture of innocence and said, "No worries, I'll just wipe it off!"

I find these little moments hilarious!

No comments: