Friday, March 13, 2009

LaLa's Rules of Life

1. Cleaning my house is a lesson in futility. No matter what room I clean the kids will find it and make a mess with in five minutes.

2. It takes one adult to watch A and J and about three to watch S.

3. I'm a much happier person if I get to sweat a little in the morning.

4. I'm a much happier person if I get to eat chocolate during the day. You need something to combat all of that exercise!

5. Children will live up to the expectations you set for them. Whether positive or negative expectations, they will never fail to disappoint.

6. A girls night out with good conversation and possibly a few glasses of wine can do wonders for your mental health, marriage and parenting.

7. Laundry is a vicious, vicious cycle!

8. Raising children is a team sport where everyone involved takes a turn playing every position. It generally is a bad day when S fills in as coach.

9. Try to listen to your children, their take on life is amazing and hilarious.

10. In a house full of children too much quiet is never a good thing.

11. Whenever I think I'm getting the hang of parenting my children change the rules. They like to keep me in my place!

No comments: